Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!

Since I’m not usually one to make New Year’s resolutions, I decided to make some New Year’s wishes for 2008, instead.

In 2008, I want to:

  • Leave the corporate world (publishing)
  • Return to freelance work
  • Move back home to Illinois

I couldn’t have imagined when I made this list at the end of 2007 that the first two items on it would come true in the very first week of the new year. Things worked out in an unexpected way, though, and I am happy and excited to once again be working freelance on writing, editing and crochet design projects.

The third objective on my wish list will take a little more concentration and time, but I have all of 2008 to accomplish my goal. With the first two things out of the way, it helps clear the field to make moving back home a reality.

In the meantime, I’m hard at work re-establishing my freelance business. I’m currently working on some doily designs that I will be submitting for publication next week. Both are pineapple designs...simply because I enjoy working in thread and I wanted to do something I consider to be fun for my first projects.

No comments: