Saturday, May 3, 2008

What I'm Doing Now

Yikes! I can hardly believe it's been so long since I posted last, but here's what happened.

I did go on the trip I mentioned in my last blog entry. The trip was great. I enjoyed visiting with my family and cuddling my grandbabies. But, there is always time for crochet! As usual, I packed a duffel bag full of yarn to take with me because I never know what fiber I'll want to play with next. It's a good thing I did because one of my publishers emailed and asked me if I could stitch an afghan for them. They wanted me to swatch it in specific colors which I just happened to have with me. Woo hoo! Thanks to also packing my digital camera, I was able to swatch, photograph and get it approved quickly. An overnight yarn order got the yarn to me in time to begin stitching it while I was still on vacation. It's a good thing, too, because the afghan took me a full month to complete, and I was able to finish it just under the deadline.

As soon as I submitted the afghan, the same publisher had two more design projects for me. I've just finished both of them, and now I'm off again to design four more projects from another publisher. So, the transition from being an editor back to being a freelance designer has been a very busy, interesting and fun time for me. I'm happy to be back!

No comments: