Friday, February 10, 2012

A Blankie for Baby Blaise

Blaise's New Blankie
On January 10, 2012, Baby Blaise, our newest grandchild, entered the world. He is the son of our fourth and youngest child, Scott, and his fiancée, Denise. Both Mommy and Baby Blaise are doing well. It’s hard to believe that our little man is one month old already! And, even harder to believe that we haven’t met him yet! They live quite a distance away, but we’re planning a trip to see him as soon as possible.

I’ve made Blaise several things so far, but this is the latest work in progress. If you like the pattern and would like to know where to find it, it is from the Leisure Arts Leaflet #4813, Colorful Cuddlers: 4 Crochet Afghans for Baby by Becky Stevens. The only change I made to the pattern is just the color sequence. I used 2 colors plus white instead of the 5 colors plus white called for in the pattern. Although I really like the color sequence the designer used, I wasn’t able to find those colors locally. So, I made this a stashbuster project since I wanted to get started right away. Sometimes it’s just so satisfying to sit down in front of the TV and cuddle up with a crochet project that I didn’t have to actually write the pattern for. :-)

No comments: