Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Beloved Dog, Raven (1998-2008)


This month has been a busy one, full of looming deadlines and caring for our beloved dog, Raven, who has been ill for the past two weeks. Here is a photo of her laying beside me in my office a few years ago.

I’m halfway through the deadlines, for which I’m grateful. But I’m also happy to have work to keep me busy just now, to help keep my mind off Raven who, sadly, crossed the Rainbow Bridge today.

We will miss her dreadfully. She was with us for ten years which doesn’t seem nearly long enough. (Is it ever?) She brought us untold joy and lavish amounts of love. We’re thankful to have had her in our lives all these years.

2 comments:

G Leigh said...

Bright Blessings and prayers - I know it's hard to lose a fuzzy baby. Just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts.

Brenda Stratton said...

Thanks so much for your kind words. Raven was very special to us, and we miss her very much.