Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Flowers From My Yard

I couldn't resist showing you the photos I took yesterday of some of the flowers in my yard.

I have three pink climbing rose bushes in my back yard that are a huge mass of color when in bloom which is generally the first week in June. They cover the back wall of a small building on the north side of my yard which was once used as a summer kitchen. The building is very small, but big enough to use for my craft studio. Because of the profusion of roses that grace the exterior of the building, I've dubbed it "Rose Cottage."

The yellow flower is from the tulip tree, also known as a yellow poplar, that grows just outside my back door. Until I moved to Indiana almost 6 years ago, I'd never seen this type of tulip tree. I'm originally from northwestern Illinois, and they do not grow there. We had a storm last night so my patio now has a carpet of yellow and orange petals, but the tree is still full of blooms.

No comments: