Sunday, June 22, 2008

Red Heart Zoomy

If you haven’t yet tried Red Heart® Zoomy™, you’re in for a treat. I received a few skeins recently and immediately fell in love with it. It has the look of heather, has a nice sheen and is very soft. I haven’t decided what I’m going to make with it yet, but it would be great for hats, scarves, bags and more. The label states that this yarn should not be dry-cleaned. The manufacturer recommends hand-washing in cold water and drying flat, so you may want to keep your projects reasonably small to make laundering easier.

Zoomy is 70% acrylic, 20% wool and 10% nylon. Each skein is 3.5 oz, 83 yds and 100g. The suggested crochet hook size is M/13 with a stitch gauge of 2 ¾ sts = 1 inch. For the knitters among you, size 11 needles will produce a gauge of 11 sts = 4 inches.

2 comments:

eda said...

Hi Brenda,

Zoomy is machine washable at low degrees.You can trust me as I am the manufacturer of this yarn like many othjer yarns sell in North America !

Best,
EDA ENGIN
www.okiteks.com.tr

Brenda Stratton said...

Hi Eda,

Thank you so much for letting me know that! I will keep it in mind when I am working with Zoomy, as it helps to know what I can use it for. It's a lovely yarn!

Regards, Brenda