Thursday, June 26, 2008

On The Road Again...

My husband, Carl, and I are leaving in a couple of hours on a trip back home to Illinois to spend time with our family for the 4th of July holiday. I generally tend to over pack, so I made a conscious effort this time to travel light. I was doing ok, too, until it came time to pack my yarn and thread…

I tried, I really did. I intended to limit the yarn and fiber to just one bag, but it ended up taking two. Every time I tried to reduce the amount, I thought of “just one more” project I wanted to make or swatch while I was away.

I don’t feel too bad about it, though. The last time I made the trip, I threw in some yarn that I only had a vague notion of using. While I was gone, one of my publishers called and asked me to swatch something for them in that exact yarn brand and colorway. So, I was able to deliver what they wanted quickly which made them happy and ultimately made a sale for me.

Then there was the packing I did for our two dogs, Raven and Rosie, who usually go with us on long trips. Between their food, folding kennels and accessories, I think they have more luggage than I do!

On the drive to Illinois, I’m planning to finish a project I am designing for one of my publishers and which is due shortly. As soon as I have that done, I’ll be working on some free patterns. Be sure to check back to see what I come up with!

No comments: